View Full Version : Windows Home Server Interview with Joel Sider

Jason Dunn
02-02-2007, 10:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.thechrispirilloshow.com/2007/02/01/windows-home-server-at-ces-2007/' target='_blank'>http://www.thechrispirilloshow.com/2007/02/01/windows-home-server-at-ces-2007/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"One of the more exciting announcements from Microsoft at CES 2007 was the new Windows Home Server product, which aims to make storage and backup in the home easier. Based on Windows 2003 Server, the Home Server is a platform available to vendors like HP for deploying home backup and file management solutions to make accessing files in the home a simple process. With very few details available at the moment, Jason Dunn teamed up with Jake to find out more from some of the Windows Home Server product team. Questions answered include things like remote desktop support, theoretical limit of storage space in the server, number of users, and what’s making the Windows Home Server work under the hood."</i><br /><br />I had a chance to interview Joel Sider, Senior Product Manager for Windows Home Server, at CES nearly a month ago. It took a while to get this interview up (not my fault ;-)), but if you're interested in Windows Home Server, it's a must-listen. I should point out that this interview was completely ad-hoc: I had no prepared questions, so now and then I start to babble at bit as I figure out what I'm trying to ask. Also remember that this was before very much was known about the product, so many of my questions were a bit basic. I'm actually beta testing the product now, but it's under NDA so I can't talk about it - but let's just say I have a lot more experience with the software having used it heavily over the past week or so. It's....cool. :-)

Jason Dunn
02-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Wow, so am I the only one that finds this product interesting and compelling? :lol:

ctmagnus
02-07-2007, 04:34 AM
I find it "interesting and compelling" as well. But it's a fairly new product (you're still under NDA after all) so I'll wait and see how it turns out under real-world use.