View Full Version : program to find duplicate photos

joanied
01-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi...I am new here so hope I am posting in the right place.

I have probably 1,000 photos all over the place on my computer. It's a real mess!!!
I have too many photo files, such as 'My Pictures'... about a year ago my hard drive died and I got a new tower...the place that had my computer took it into their own hands to sort of re arrange my files...and ever since, it's been getting worse...as I said, 1,000's of photos in several folders... tons of duplicate photos, edited, re-edited, size change ect ect.

I have photos in a few folders under the headings of My Pictures, I have the Picasa program with tons of photos there and I have the Olympus camera program Camedia Master with tons of photos in there also....

Can anyone here please give me some programs to download that will sort thru ALL my photos, find all the duplicates and delete them?

I am not a computer 'techie', so the program needs to be easy to use.... I have tried a few and they were too hard to use, like Clone program. Also needs to be free or at least priced fairly.

THANK YOU very much...any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jason Dunn
01-04-2007, 02:55 PM
I'd suggest ACDSee 9:

http://www.acdsee.com/products/acdsee/index

It has a duplicate remover, and is a handy tool for renaming a lot of files at once, moving them around, etc. There's also a free trial, so check it out.

joanied
01-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Jason,
THANK YOU very much. I will check it out.
Sure appreciate your reply.