View Full Version : Where did TimeTrax GO??

leslietroyer
07-09-2006, 04:47 PM
I went to upgrade my very old software for TimeTrax-Recast - and found that the home page now points to XMRadio - and the download page contimiously reports down for maintainence.

Anyone know what happened?? The current software phones home to make sure you have a valid license - it still works but it is disconserting to have them vanish without a trace --

I went to the newgroup that use to suport the product -- it has been removed. The only indication I found was this article

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/wheres-timetrax.html

Any info would be of help?? If XM is going to take over this product that would be good, but I would hate to see it abandoned.

Les

leslietroyer
07-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Well it looks like no one here uses TimeTrax software. There is some good news to report - The newsgroup for the product is back on line - some what to the dismay of at least one (former??) TimeTrax employee.

The software basically took a XM (or Serus ) stream, used the sound card to digitize the channel you wanted to record and split it into individual MP3 files. What was nice about the software is it filed the mp3 with the artist, song name and, album title (artist & song may be clipped because of car head set limitations on display, full names and album came when it also monitored the XM web stream). A very handy tool for recording songs from the Radio. People also used it to record their favorite shock jock radio programs for later listening.

Les