View Full Version : What Type of TV do you Currently Watch TV on?

Jason Dunn
04-21-2006, 06:30 PM
It's quick survey time to link in with a column we'll be publishing in just a bit.

Felix Torres
04-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Hmm, interesting...
Its early, with 27 votes, but:

CRTs are breaking down as expected; rear-projectors are tracking as projected...

But the ED displays aren't lining up...

Small sample effect?
Surely there are more plasma fans out there...

Jason Dunn
04-21-2006, 07:57 PM
I think people know if they have a plasma, LCD, or DLP, but since we didn't put the word "plasma" in there, people might not know what they hae. Plus, small sample size. ;-)

Felix Torres
04-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Not all the EDs are plasma, some of the smaller LCDs (12-17" range) are ED. But half of all plasma's are ED and they should be showing up.
Or not. :wink:
Either way it says something about the audience.

And we don't really expect it to be typical of the full market, anyway...

randalllewis
04-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the survey. I checked HD as my plasma is the one I watch most. But I have to say I was disappointed that there was no option for my black and white, 12 channel VHF 12 inch Zenith, which was the first set I ever bought for myself and which still works. The day they turn off the analog transmitters, this little prehistoric set will have to go dark.

Does anyone else remember when TVs had "vertical hold" controls?

Felix Torres
04-22-2006, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the survey. I checked HD as my plasma is the one I watch most. But I have to say I was disappointed that there was no option for my black and white, 12 channel VHF 12 inch Zenith, which was the first set I ever bought for myself and which still works. The day they turn off the analog transmitters, this little prehistoric set will have to go dark.

Does anyone else remember when TVs had "vertical hold" controls?

Sure. Finicky beasts, weren't they?
Tended to drift out of synch over time.

Btw, you can always get an RF modulator and an HD tuner stb and get that lil b&w box running HD in no time. 8)

Now that you mention it, I need to start thinking about a replacement for my mother's pocket-sized Casio.
Yay! Mother's day 08 is covered!
Now all I have to worry about is 06 and 07.

Felix Torres
04-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Yes, Oblivion is great stuff; worth getting a 360 just to play it.
(105% chameleon + sneak rules! :twisted: )

A real time sink.
I'm just peeved that they took flying out of the Elder scrolls; with that outrageous draw distance and gorgeous 1080-rendered scenery, not being able to rise up in the air for a view is a crying shame. Best I've managed is climbing a mountain on a clear day...