View Full Version : iLife '06 Reviewed

Jeremy Charette
04-21-2006, 01:00 AM
"With iLife '06, Apple offers an evolutionary revision to most of its consumer digital media applications, casting an eye toward the social networking of your content. (For a look inside, see our Apple iLife '06 slide show.) iPhoto 6 gets a performance boost and new "photocasting" abilities, while GarageBand 3 becomes a full-featured podcast-creation studio. The new iWeb offers an elegant and simple way to create media-rich Web pages, though it still needs to mature. The other applications in the suite--iMovie HD 6 and iDVD 6--integrate better and work with your iWeb pages, enabling you not just to create digital content but to share it, too. Apple is charging $79 for iLife '06, the same as for last year's version; unfortunately, current users don't get a discount. If you're already happily using iLife '05 and don't need iWeb, you may want to stick with what you have. On the other hand, if you don't own iLife or if you want the new features, $79 is quite a bargain, considering the tools you get."

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/images/31661463-2-300-overview-1.gif

It's software like this that lures me to the Mac camp. Photo editing, movie editing, DVD burning, web page creation...all in one box. It isn't perfect, but it's one-stop shopping, it's simple, and it's better than any of the "jack of all trades" packages I've seen put together for Windows. Not to mention cheaper. Maybe I'll have to get an iMac for the Digital Media Thoughts lab...ya' know, for "testing" purposes. :wink:

mememe
04-21-2006, 01:50 AM
[i]Maybe I'll have to get an iMac for the Digital Media Thoughts lab...ya' know, for "testing" purposes. :wink:

Just flipped over to the Mac Mini myself, dual core version, running my dell 20WIDE monitor... You'ld have to pry this mother from my cold dead hands if you wanted it.. Can't wait to see Apple's new towers later on this year, the ones that will replace the G5 Powermacs.. :lol:

Just love it.. It just works.. and to boot windows in a window with Parallel, well it works just fine.

Mr. MacinTiger
04-21-2006, 02:07 AM
iLife 06 is plenty slick and well worth the upgrade....iWeb is an interesting addition as well, but does have room to improve.