View Full Version : Philips WACS700/05 Wireless Music Station

Damion Chaplin
03-29-2006, 03:00 PM
"Despite the niggles I loved the convenience of being able to access my entire PC’s music collection in several rooms in the house at once. The system is very easy to set up at first, especially for those without a PC, and though it doesn’t boast the best possible sound quality for the money it’s by no means disastrous. I’d be happy to own one as a second music system – one for the bedroom, perhaps, and one for the kitchen. There’s no doubt that the WACS700/05 does have plenty of shortcomings, some of them serious, which may well put some prospective customers off."

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/images/2650-0145.jpg

An interesting review of the Philips Wireless Music Station. The verdict: Not as good as the Sonos Player, but almost half the price. I've been casually looking at this type of system since the Sonos was released, but I could never justify the price. The price of approximately $940 for this system is still rather steep, but the price is definitely getting down there. I like the fact that you can have your music follow you to whatever room you go into, but that's really nothing new. Basically, I have a rule: If it's not a full-fledged computer, my wife must be able to use it easily without frustration ensuing (e.g. our DVR). This looks like it might just do that. What about you? Have you been thinking about a unit like this?