View Full Version : Windows Media Player Picture Rating?

Sven Johannsen
12-29-2005, 09:57 PM
OK I figure I am going to suffer some ridicule actually using Windows Media Player, but I have a question. You can have pictures in the MP library, just like music and videos. You can even create a playlist of pictures if you choose. In the library, there is a column for rating, 1-5 stars, just like the other media. It's grayed out though and you can't (or I can't) select some number of stars to rate a picture. At first I figured this might not be an option for pictures, but just shows up anyway.

Then I looked at the tree list and under All Pictures you can sort by Event, Date and RATED PICTURES. You can display pictures with 5, 4, 3, etc stars. Of course all mine show up under Not Rated.

So what gives? Am I alone in not being able to assign ratings? or is something broken or mis-set?

Why do I care? Rating pics 5 stars makes it easy to create an automatic sync list for my PPC of pictures I want transferred. Would be nice if Pocket MP new what do do with the pics, but they still are transferred for viewing with other picture viewers.

Jason Dunn
01-16-2006, 04:34 PM
I can't do it either, and this is on a copy of WMP10 that's never been set up for pictures before. I don't think picture ratings are supported in WMP10, though you'd think they WOULD be...

Sven Johannsen
01-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Then how do you suppose they would get ratings? MP10 clearly has auto filters available by rating under All Pictures.

Jason Dunn
01-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Then how do you suppose they would get ratings? MP10 clearly has auto filters available by rating under All Pictures.

My hunch is that it's a UI artifact and not really a supported feature. Let me ping a PM I know and see...