View Full Version : ATI Catalyst Colour Management Issues (Or: ATI Catalyst driver is pissing me off big time!)

Lee Yuan Sheng
12-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Right, I happen to have a system here that uses a ATI graphics chipset, and I just want to know:

1. Is there a way to import ICC profiles into the ATI "Colour" tab (as opposed to Windows XP's "Colour Management" tab)?

OR

2. Is there a way to disable the ATI drivers from handling colour management?

I ask because I realised that the nicely profiled monitor went back to the terribly uncalibrated display the minute I started any full screen 3D application (ie Games). Going to the ATI "Colour" tab, I realised it loads its own profile, overriding Windows' ICC profiles, and to make it worse, if I select the "Desktop" when switching from the "3D" profile, the darn drivers permanently override the Windows' ICC profile, forcing me to recalibrate the screen again!

This is driving me nuts, and since the gamers don't seem to care about colour fidelity, I'm asking this question here. Would appreciate any help to this sickening problem!

Jason Dunn
12-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Hmm. That does indeed suck. I haven't be honest, I've never noticed this in any game I've played, though for the most part I play on nVidia-based cards. Hopefully another ATI user can suggest a solution - though I have a hunch that there isn't one based on the fac that you've already looked for one. Tried ATI tech support yet?

Lee Yuan Sheng
12-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Yea, nVidia's drivers play nice. In fact you can import ICC profiles with the nVidia drivers, something the lame ATI drivers can't.

I didn't think about ATI's tech support. I guess I'll give that a shot.