View Full Version : XBOX 360 to be had by Christmas?

JPD
12-07-2005, 06:53 AM
Anyone have any info on whether or not there will be any more shipments of XBOX 360 into stores before Christmas? Are we out of luck who haven't scored one yet? I am not going to resort to buying off EBay.

Darius Wey
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Last I remember, EB (USA) was reporting an even further delay - possibly until March.

Here in Australia, we're still awaiting its official release (set for March 2nd), so don't worry, I know what the wait is like. :( I've already put in a deposit and pre-ordered the unit three months in advance. In a few hours, I'm expecting to receive a VIP pack consisting of a spare wireless controller, PDZ, a faceplate, and other assorted items. Quite useless without the console, of course. ;)

Outlaw94
12-12-2005, 07:19 PM
I have had one on reserve at EB since July. I also reserved one at Fry's Outpost for my brother about 2 months before the release. I didn't get either one first shipment. However I did get a phone call from Fry's, the guy told me that he had them in stock and would be shipping it out on Monday. My brother should have it by weeks end. I called EB after talking to the Fry guy and they told me that I should have mine by the end of the week also. They were expecting a second shipment but would not disclose which day to limit the amount of people rushing the store since most of them would go to people who had reserved them. There has also been some rumors that the premium editions are showing up in Costcos in pittsburgh. A lot of them at one time.

I have heard more rumors that Mirosoft would be releasing more as Christmas get closer trying to curb the ebay people that would buy one just to off load it before Christmas for a huge profit. Makes sense. They don't see any of that money and all it does is piss off your customer who can't get ahold of one but one pinhead has five or six up on ebay selling for $800 to $1,000 each.