View Full Version : Adobe Premier Elements Newbie

RayJay
11-16-2005, 02:29 AM
I just purchased Premier Elements 2.0 and I'm hoping it will do what I want. Can someone please confirm it before I open it? I want to make slide shows of still photographs and synch them to music. I want to do my fades and wipes but I want specific pics to come at specific times in the music and when the music fades, so does the last picture. All of the other slide show programs I've seen just play background music. Thanks in advance for any help.
RayJay

randalllewis
01-14-2006, 06:45 PM
I am interested in your experiences with Elements. I posted here about my extreme frustration with Studio v10 and Jason Dunn replied with positive thoughts about Elements. I am unable to answer your specific question, though I know that Microsoft's PhotoStory 3 does what you want for free. I hope you will post your experiences as you begin to work with Elements.

Don Tolson
01-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Premiere Elements certainly will make a slide show of your stills, but you'll have to be careful with sizing of the imported pics to keep the rendering engine from going crazy.

As for sychning the timing to music, that is purely manual in Elements, there are no 'help' gadgets here. And from what I've heard in the Elements forum on the Adobe site, it's not an easy task at that.

If all you want to do is build slideshows, there are other products available which will handle that with much better results.

/drt