View Full Version : Windows Vista MCE and HD!

sbrown23
09-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Man I can't wait for this version, or at least the Home Premium or Ultimate editions which have the MCE functionality built in! Having CableCARD support, which has been all but confirmed for Vista will be a dream! Or so I hope ... I've been wanting to record HD on MCE for a long time, and living near mountains, I don't get OTA HD very well at all. DirectTV wasn't an option with their HD Tivo because it was $1000. I made an MCE machine out of parts I already had around the house, I've just been waiting and waiting for the ability to do cable HD.

Vista Beta 1 is already a pretty nice product, though hardware support is somewhat lacking, the application compatibility could be better, and this version does not have MCE functionality. But hey, it's only Beta 1! The build provided at the Microsoft Professional Developer's Conference does, but is not publicly available (or even on MSDN). Hopefully we'll get a good look at what is there in MCE when Windows Vista Beta 2 is available to the public in December! Just too bad the CableCARD hardware probably won't be available yet. DOH! :x

<edit> Come on DMT'ers, let's get some activity going in here! A new Rollup 2 patch just came out, Windows Vista is coming with new MCE, and MCE itself rocks!