View Full Version : Which Digital Photo Suite software is best?

Phoenix
08-16-2005, 05:43 AM
I'm searching for a photo software suite that will allow me to do the following things:

-Image Management
-Image Editing
-Image Printing (Paper-saving layouts)

Extras (which I'd like to have)...

-Photo Stitching
-Photo Montaging
-Clip Art/Stock Photos
-Photo Effects/Filters/Frames
-GIF Animator
-Slideshows

I'm keeping some of this a bit general for now, but I want an all-in-one program that can handle all of it.

It seems the programs that would most closely fit the bill would be:

1) Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
2) Nova Photo Impact Pro 10
3) Nova Photo Explosion Deluxe 2.0
4) Ulead Photo Impact 10
5) ACD Systems ACDSee 7 Powerpack
6) Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0

I haven't used any of these "suites" yet, but I've been trying to figure out which one is best. I've got a migraine in my eyeball trying to figure out which one is best for the money. :P

ACDSee I think has the best image management component, Adobe PE seems to have the best image editing component, it's a toss-up as to who has the best photo printing layout component, and Nova's programs seem to have the best collection of extras. But I can't pick bits and pieces of each program (ACD's programs I can, but not with the others).

I'm posting all of this because I'm looking for suggestions from those of you who have experience with these software suites and I'd like to know what you think.

For those who can contribute, thanks for your feedback!!!

Bud Pritchard
08-22-2005, 07:22 PM
I've got Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 which I like a lot.
Haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces yet, but I haven't found any major problems.

Microsoft did have a trial available, but I don't see it on their site?

Things I liked about the trial were:

The catalog I made with the trial was not wiped out with the trial uninstall.
Uninstall of trial removed program completely.

Google for Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 to get more information.

mikeblog
05-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Image Management
-Image Editing
-Image Printing (Paper-saving layouts)

-Photo Stitching
-Photo Montaging
-Clip Art/Stock Photos
-Photo Effects/Filters/Frames
-GIF Animator
-Slideshows

There are several websites where you can get these features online. Try visiting http://www.irisize.com .You would be able to create 3d images, convert 2d into 3d, and whole lot of other editing features. All these features are available free of cost 8)

Andrews Foto
10-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi

Is any one here familiar with the 'Dg Foto Art' software?

I am interested in purchasing software which included calendar or diary templates with the ability to add photo images and edit.

Can this be done on Dg Foto Art, The trail version only have wedding templates

Thank you

Black
10-19-2007, 05:27 AM
Hi Andrews,

I currently use Dg Foto Art, I think its a good software to have. The ready to use templates are time saving and they also have calender templates available on the website. you can check the templates on their website http://www.pxlsoft.com