View Full Version : Do You Have Questions For Digital Life?

Suhit Gupta
07-08-2005, 07:30 PM
As per a discussion a few months ago, I figured I should let you all know that I will be going to DigitalLife Press Preview on Tuesday, July 12th here in New York. People had requested that I post about upcoming press events so they could post questions here on DMT that I could ask on their behalf. This upcoming event looks quite interesting as there appear to be a fairly large number of vendors coming, including Napster, Microsoft, Shure, Universal Electronics, etc. So if you have specific questions for any of the vendors, feel free to post.

A full list of vendors is - ALK Technologies, ATI, Audible.com, Cable YoYo, ColorVision, Creative Labs, eJamming, eMagin, Iomega, Logitech, LucasArts, Maitas, Majesco, Maxtor, Mobile Edge, Microsoft, Napster, NEC Display Systems, Netgear, Nokia, Pacific Digital, Shure, SmartVideo, STACKED, Streamload, SunRocket, Syntax, Toshiba, Verizon, Video with Boundaries, WowWee, XaviX, XM Satellite Radio, and Zyxel.

Felix Torres
07-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Alright, here's one for Microsoft:

"How much support (and when) is Microsoft going to provide for High Definition Windows Media Video on red laser disks?"

That is, will they support formats like FVD (or equivalent, like the T2 release) in Windows Media Extenders, XBOX 360, and other upcoming devices, like the MS-DVR line? After all, if they really want widespread adoption for WMV HD, they should make sure there is both content and players. Content they have limited control over, but the players they can get out there quickly, by embedding support in the software they use and license.

ale_ers
07-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Napster is not really the ones who control this, but I bet they have a better idea than me: When will a flash player be Napster to go compatable?

Or to Microsoft: When will a flash player be Plays for sure, subscription compatable?

I love the new subscription services, but I miss it when I go jogging.

Suhit Gupta
07-14-2005, 09:12 PM
So the event was a couple of days ago. I will be putting up my pictures shortly (probably tomorrow). Unfortunately, Microsoft was a no-show so I couldn't ask the question. Apologies.

Suhit