View Full Version : Apple Holding Special Press Event Next Month, New iPods Coming?

Kent Pribbernow
06-25-2005, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1148' target='_blank'>http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1148</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Apple Computer is distributing media alerts and invitations to a special event that will take place on or before Thursday, July 7th, but the company is not yet offering details. Apple news site MacBidouille is one of several French publications that claims to have received a media alert pertaining to the event. It's noted that a similar message was presented to the publication just prior the Oct., 2004 Apple music event that saw the launch of the iPod photo."</i><br /><br />Ack! Fifth Generation iPods? I just purchased a Fourth Generation iPod Photo. Ah well, there's always eBay. :( <br /><br />Whether new iPods are unveiled or not, it's a safe bet this event will see the launch of iTunes 4.9 with its podcast support. Looking forward to that.

Jason Dunn
06-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Man the Apple hype machine is powerful. Only Apple would get press about the fact that they're going to be releasing press. :roll: They are the masters of hype, I'll give them that.

Mr. MacinTiger
06-25-2005, 09:19 PM
A lot of the time, though, the hype lives up to their products. Yes, there have been missteps and screwups (iPod shuffle - live random! HHAHA what a joke - NO FREAKIN SCREEN = LAME; the Cube G4; Pages - terrible, terrible program that in no way can touch MS Word for Mac; the move to Intel :evil: ) but OS X, the iMac line, the regular iPod line, and the brillant iLife suite are all incredible products that make the computing experience creative and fun. Apple can get away with it all because most of the time they back it up.

Felix Torres
06-25-2005, 09:32 PM
A lot of the time, though, the hype lives up to their products. Yes, there have been missteps and screwups (iPod shuffle - live random! HHAHA what a joke - NO FREAKIN SCREEN = LAME; the Cube G4; Pages - terrible, terrible program that in no way can touch MS Word for Mac; the move to Intel :evil: ) but OS X, the iMac line, the regular iPod line, and the brillant iLife suite are all incredible products that make the computing experience creative and fun. Apple can get away with it all because most of the time they back it up.

Uh...?
Are you *sure* you're an Apple fan?
(Or was that meant to be seen as a spoof of the typical fanboy?)
Cause, going by that list Apple, has a flop as about often as a success and you still failed to list quite a few other flops...
(To say nothing of the hidden limits and flaws of the alleged successes.)

Did you intend to add a winkie somewere in there? :wink:

Just curious.

Mr. MacinTiger
06-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Oh yah, I am a big Mac fan, but I try not to get suckered into Steve's famed Reality Distortion Field if I can help it :D

Most of the "mistakes" that I cited really are not gamebreakers for Apple. The Cube did fail, but Apple pressed on and bounced back. iPod Shuffle and Pages really are of no consequence, even if they were poorly thought out. Now, the move to Intel may be a HUGE mistake (like on the level of Apple's clone deals in the non-Jobs years. Maybe bigger than that)...We'll have to see how it plays out.

Apple's successes though are tremendous and groundbreaking...The iMac that brought them back on the map (and that continues on today); the iPod, which is carrying them to new levels of profitablity; and OS X, which has been rounded applauded and lauded as the best OS out there today; and the iLife suite and Apple Pro apps which are also univsersally acknowledged as great...All those things are of HUGE consequence to Apple and all have lived up to the hype thus far.

cmchavez
06-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Sing it with me now folks:

iPod + WMA...
iPod + WMA...
iPod + WMA...
iPod + WMA...

Tease us poor MS clones no longer Steve! Please! :D 8O :twisted:

wesley762
06-26-2005, 12:10 AM
that will be the day that the Ipod supports wma. dont get me wrong I would like to see it happen but I would not hold your breath.

klinux
06-28-2005, 03:02 AM
Are you *sure* you're an Apple fan?
(Or was that meant to be seen as a spoof of the typical fanboy?)

Believe it or not there are a lot of Mac users (of which I am one) out there are *gasp* sane and not a zealot/fanboy/etc. I should add to that list Apple's idiotic decision to used to equip their $2K PowerMac with only 256MB of RAM and 80GB HD. And don't get me started on the one-button mouse.

I am a big fan of Apple as well but realize that each platform/application/hardware etc have its own strengths.