View Full Version : Nokia Unveils 4GB Music Phone

Jason Dunn
04-27-2005, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.betanews.com/article/Nokia_Introduces_4GB_Music_Phone/1114615305' target='_blank'>http://www.betanews.com/article/Nokia_Introduces_4GB_Music_Phone/1114615305</a><br /><br /></div><i>"iPod Mini, meet the Nokia N91. At a special event in Amsterdam Wednesday, Nokia rolled out a new line of multimedia mobile phones that bring together the latest technology with sleek styling. In particular, the N91 packs in a 4GB micro hard drive, USB 2.0, 3G network connectivity and stereo headphone jack. Consumers more interested in photos than music can opt for the Nokia N90, which sports a 2-megapixel Carl Zeiss lens with VHS video capture support. The flip phone includes a "multi-hinge twist-and-shoot design" and integrated flash."</i><br /><br />The gauntlet has officially been thrown down - we all knew this was coming, but the fight is now on between cell phones and 1.8" hard drive-based audio players such as the iPod Mini and the Creative Zen Micro. It's too early to know details about battery life and weight, but with the addition of a 2 MP camera with a Carl Zeiss lens and VHS video capture (usually 320 x 240 resolution), this could prove to be a very interesting phone indeed. I have a Creative Zen Micro, and I take it with me when traveling, but if my phone could perform the same tasks, would I leave the Zen behind? Perhaps - what about you?

BugDude10
04-28-2005, 12:38 AM
I have a 40GB iRiver H-140, which I love, and I'm just too accustomed to having so much music with me to give it up. Of course, if I had a 4GB-of-music cell phone, I'd probably select the 4GB of tunes I really need, and take advantage of the convenience. But I'd still keep the iRiver for those times when it wasn't a problem to carry it also.

Lee Yuan Sheng
04-28-2005, 05:35 AM
I guess it's time for PDA, PDA phones and smartphones to have a similar drive inside them. I'm still a little wary about the drive breaking down though.

that_kid
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Having 4gb wouldn't do it for me. I have a 40 gig Ipod which is too small for me. I like to carry as much music with me as possible. I listen to a great deal of music so having an extensive portable selection would be the best deal for me. 4 gigs isn't even enough for my parents, my dad is just about filled up his 20 gig Ipod and my mom's 15 gig is about full too.