View Full Version : RealNetworks Preparing New Music Service

Kent Pribbernow
04-26-2005, 04:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://news.com.com/RealNetworks+readies+new+music+service/2100-1027_3-5684085.html?tag=nefd.top' target='_blank'>http://news.com.com/RealNetworks+readies+new+music+service/2100-1027_3-5684085.html?tag=nefd.top</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Ten years after the release of its first RealAudio multimedia software, RealNetworks is hoping to kick-start its second decade with a new push into digital music. In New York on Tuesday morning, during a fete complete with a free concert in Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall, the company is slated to make what it has called a "groundbreaking" announcement for the future of its digital music business."</i><br /><br />According to inside sources, this "groundbreaking" announcement is the rollout of an update to Rhapsody that integrates WMA support and allows subscription content to be played back on portable audio devices. I just hope they unveil a new version of RealOne player that isn't a bloated, adware, spyware laden monstrosity! :roll:

Mike Temporale
04-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Don't hold back now, tell us what you really think! ;) :lol:

I refused to have anything to do with RealPlayer a long time ago. And frankly, I couldn't care what they try next because, I won't be installing it.

Gary Sheynkman
04-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Don't hold back now, tell us what you really think! ;) :lol:

I refused to have anything to do with RealPlayer a long time ago. And frankly, I couldn't care what they try next because, I won't be installing it.

If I said what I really thought about Real....Jason would ban me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly....how can you make something perform THAT slow with THAT bad a quality after all those years of $ and R&amp;D....... I mean...come on now.

sojourner753
04-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Poor little Real. Why is everyone picking on him.
After failing in pushing its real format, then getting its @$$ kicked by Apple, now he wants to get a meal from the Microsoft food kitchen (take all comers).

Real nowadays seems like the redheaded step child. (Not that there is anything wrong with red heads :wink: )

Lets give him a break. :devilboy: