View Full Version : In dash car flash card MP3 player

dignow96
03-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Ok, I've been sifting the google hits for an hour or so with no luck which is when I usually turn to you guys. I'm a big fan of flash memory and carry alot of my music around on flash cards (SD and CF primarily). I listen to my music on my PPC when I'm out of the house but recently I've been looking for a car audio solution that would use my cards. I'd like to tbe able to listen to my tunes in the car, get to where I'm going, pull out my card and pop it in my PPC, and keep right on listening. Problem being is that I can't find an in dash MP3 player that takes anything other then CDs. Is anyone aware of any products out there that might fit what I'm looking for or does anyone even have a good suggestion for where to start looking? Thanks for help.

Jason Dunn
03-08-2005, 05:45 PM
It's a cool idea, but I've never heard/seen of anything like that, sorry. :-( My solution was to get a deck that plays MP3/WMA files, and I burn a CD with 6-8 full albums on it.

mrkablooey
03-08-2006, 08:24 PM
JVC makes them. I've only seen them in their Sirius-ready headunits but they're out there.

Here (http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=jvc%20car%20mp3%20SD%20card&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wf) is a Froogle link.

Damion Chaplin
03-11-2006, 04:03 AM
Here's a very clunky solution:

1) Buy a cheap in-dash car stereo with audio input (my Pioneer has a proprietary audio-in for a cd changer)
2) Buy an adapter to convert the audio in to RCA jacks (Pioneer sells one for about $35)
3) Get a 3.5mm-RCA adapter, available anywhere.
4) Buy the cheapest PocketPC you can that has an SD/CF slot on eBay.
5) Install stereo and attach PPC to dash with adhesive of choice.
6) Connect #4 to #3 to #2 to #1

Voila! Now you can listen to the tunes on your card in your car or on the go. Total price should be less than $300...

Have fun! :D