View Full Version : Normalize my audio collection

victore
01-31-2005, 07:23 PM
I have several hundred mp3's that I've collected over the years, most of them are ripped by me, but there are quite a few that I've acquired from other sources. I've noticed that the sound levels on these mp3's vary greatly. With one song, I'll have to pump up the volume, but then next song blasts out of my headphones because the volume is too high.

I'd like to normalize the volume across my entire collection. I know that WMP 10 can normalize during playback, but I want to point a program to my collection and have it set the volume level for all of them. Does anyone know of a program that will do this?

RWC_Zippy
02-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Does anyone know of a program that will do this?

I'm pretty sure Nero Burning Rom has that feature built in. Nero Converter I think it's called. I've used it before but only when going from mp3 to CD Audio. I haven't tried it on mp3 files that are going to stay in digital format. :scatter:

Audio2
11-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Any mp3 editing software program would render this work. Try this with FlexiMusic Wave Editor software where in , from the menu choose the "Volume" in which, select the "Simple Compress/ expand option to opt the percentage of the volume for the entire mp3 file. I suggest that choosing 85% of volume would be optimum for the entire mp3 file.