View Full Version : PVR Software

merk1821
12-09-2004, 09:16 AM
HI DMT members.

I currently have a PII550 with 512 MB of RAM and anATI TV winder capture card that i use as a PVR. For me its is an adequete setup. I am not worried about the hardware side of this setup( although my kingdom for a much bigger hard drive!!!!!) It is the software side where i feel the most unsatisfied. The included ATI software is barely adequete and Guide+ Plus is woefully inadequete as an EPG. Is it worth the money and invest in a software package like BeyondTV and its great EPG or stick it out with the freeware Media Portal and its cumbeersome-to-setup EPG?

Jason Dunn
12-10-2004, 04:03 AM
Assuming that BeyondTV works with your video card (it should - they support a huge range of products), I'd definitely recommend it - it's fantastic software, very stable, and very friendly to use. It's not overly expensive either, so I'd really encourage you to take the leap - you won't regret it. :-) And hey, if you're short on hard drive space, it has an EXCELLENT feature where it can automatically convert the big MPEG2 file into a WMV file then delete the MPEG2 file, so that will save you a LOT of hard drive space. :-)