View Full Version : eHome Wonder - Only Some Channels Show

kagayaki1
11-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been working on my XP Media Center, and I finally got through all the codec problems that everyone usually has. Everything works great, DVDs play fine, etc. The final puzzle is my TV. I have Comcast in the Seattle area, and it seems that the public stations (church channels, TVW, Public Access) are the only ones that show. They play wonderfully and smooth, but the content sucks :)

I can't get any of the standard channels (NBC, ABC, etc) or any of the cable channels (Discovery, HGTV, etc) to show up. They simply play 1/4 second of the audio with no video, giving the appearence that it's locked up. But as soon as you type a channel that's one of the public access ones, it tunes to it and plays just fine.

I think this might have to do with some kind of broadcast flag. I only thought that was supposed to be for HBO and stuff, but is it possible the ATI eHome Wonder doesn't render the channels properly?

Opinions? Feedback?

Jason Dunn
11-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Hmm...that's VERY strange. I didn't think the broadcast flag was starting to be used until 2005 or 2006? When you do the setup of MCE and it scans the channels, does it see them all? What about the guide - do you have guide data coming down for those channels? Trying to eliminate some problems. I've had some "stability" problems with channels that sound similar - I'll change the channel, get an image and audio for a few seconds, then it goes black...but if I change the channel and change it back again, everything is fine. MCE is so weak compared to BeyondTV in some ways. :?