View Full Version : CNET's Guide to What's On HDTV

James Fee
11-09-2004, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.cnet.com/4520-7874_1-5119938-1.html?tag=cnetfd.ld' target='_blank'>http://www.cnet.com/4520-7874_1-5119938-1.html?tag=cnetfd.ld</a><br /><br /></div>CNET has posted an article outlining what shows are in HD this year on the networks (including sports and special events). These days there are hundreds of shows and most Cable networks have HD channels making this the best year yet to watch HD on your HDTV. <br /><br />Fox still doesn't have The Simpsons in HD.... :cry:

Chris Gohlke
11-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Only one of our local stations is broadcasting in HD. Comcast has about 10 HD channels here; but mostly movie channels. The funny thing is HD is so cool looking that I will watch things I would normally never watch just because they are on one of the HD channels. But I must say, I love Discovery HD, worth the price of Comcast HD all by itself.

Fitch
11-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Fox still doesn't have The Simpsons in HD.... :cry:

:cry:? :lol:

Of all the things to wish was in HD! I'm just a big Simpsons fan, I'll bet, but HD? Maybe widescreen, but you gotta understand that the quality of the Simpsons could not be improved one bit from it's current resolution. Do you wanna see fingerprints on the cells? :D
Actually, that'd be pretty cool.

My favorite HD shows are all three CSIs, Smallville (cause it's a great show) They all feature great sound and cool visual effects. I also like Malcom in the Middle and Arrested Development, just 'cause they're funny, and it's nice to have widescreen shows on my plasma.

Los Angeles gets all the channels except UPN in high-def. I'd love to see Enterprise like that, but I guess that shall never be.

And lastly, I'm not the biggest Lord of the Rings fan, but seeing it in HD with 5.1 surround was amazing. The colors and sound were great. Since I have the MyHD tuner, I tried to save it all to my hard drive, but that would have been 32GB+ and I just don't have that much room to spare. Man, I need a new drive.

Now, since NBC-Unversal owns Bravo, and they gave Bravo an HD channel, I'm hoping and praying that they'll give Sci-Fi channel a HD feed, too. Sci-fi is one visual art that needs to be seen. Couldn't find much on the web about them getting one, though it's been suggested.