View Full Version : Phase One of Forum Changes Complete

Jason Dunn
11-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Today I went through our forums and merged, sliced, and diced - and I like what I'm seeing. Let me know what you think - is this better than before? Now that I've done so much shrinking, I think I may want to add in a couple of forums in the PVR/DVR arena, because that's s a topic popular enough to warrant it's own forum. Are there any other MAJOR topics that deserve their own forums? Give me some feedback, and let's get those forums hoppin'! :-)

Darius Wey
11-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Jason...I like what I see. Everything seems a little more manageable - it's short, simple and more relaxed than the previous one. Now - no new user should be deterred from posting...

So get posting!!! :P

Gary Sheynkman
11-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Much cleaner than before and this will definatly stimulate the activity of the forums. Now all we need is that mini-icon thing for the title and we are set 8)

Philip Colmer
11-08-2004, 01:51 PM
A good improvement.

--Philip

backpackerx
11-08-2004, 05:09 PM
I like what I see too. This way you can split topics later as they become popular and keep the less active topics simplified.

kevdawg2003
11-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Jason,

I love it! Simple and straight to the point. "Media" noobs like me will have an easier time trying to post.

Crocuta
11-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah, this is a good move. People who may not have strayed into the 'other company's' forum will now be part of discussion of all brands. That's a pretty healthy attitude anyway and one that fits the friendly style of the Thoughts sites. I hate how often you go to the large photo sites and the Canon, Nikon, etc. forums all feel like armed camps. Someone comes in and mentions another brand and they get jumped on like a heretic. This should be a place where people can come talk about these things without feeling defensive about other people who've made different decisions.

sylvangale
11-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Very Nice. :rainbowafro:

Jason Dunn
11-08-2004, 08:05 PM
Glad everyone likes the changes. So now that we've trimmed down so much, what sort of cautious expansion should we do? I'm thinking specifically about Windows Media Center Edition and the Portable Media Center...I have a strong leaning towards both of these technologies and I think I'd like to have forums dedicated to using them.

Since I use SnapStream's Beyond TV as well, maybe a PVR forum in general?

Gary Sheynkman
11-09-2004, 12:14 AM

A PVR forum is a good idea, but what about PMP?? (aka iriver, creative, :x archos :x )

djh
11-11-2004, 12:22 AM
I hate how often you go to the large photo sites and the Canon, Nikon, etc. forums all feel like armed camps. Someone comes in and mentions another brand and they get jumped on like a heretic. .
Indeed, I'm not interested in Canon or Nikon (well I guess I am, because I have both) but I'm interested in digital photography.

The new format is great!

the_rapture
11-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Glad everyone likes the changes. So now that we've trimmed down so much, what sort of cautious expansion should we do? I'm thinking specifically about Windows Media Center Edition and the Portable Media Center...I have a strong leaning towards both of these technologies and I think I'd like to have forums dedicated to using them.

I like the idea... I've been eying both the MCE and the Portable Media Centers. And it would be nice to see what others are finding out about them.

Thanks..

fslongo
11-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Adding a PVR forum would be great. Having recently gone through an install of Media Centre 2005 myself, and the trials and tribulations that went along with it, it sure pays to have sites/forums to turn to.