View Full Version : Message boards are too varied

sylvangale
10-24-2004, 08:36 AM
There are far too many boards and far too few postings to justify them. Please consider compressing the boards.

This will help stimulate the boards and if the boards end up being over run, then the moderators should suggest splitting a board when that happens.

Also "Community Discussion" should head all discussions

It is of the upmost benefit to the site that visitors see it as an active site. ;)

Compression Example:
Digital Photography>
"PC and Mac Software for Digital Photography"
"Printing Your Photos"
"Digital Cameras and Accessories"
"Digital Imaging Hardware"

Suhit Gupta
10-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Hmm, interesting. When creating the site at the beginning, Jason and I talked about what top level discussion groups to put and at the time we decided to break it up into a more granular structure rather than fewer high level topics. This is a similar setup like on PPCT and SPT. Of course our hope was that the current board would be overrun already. ;-)

Suhit

sylvangale
10-26-2004, 08:24 AM
It would be nice if there were more people taking part here. I haven't been to the boards much till the other day when I saw my Picasa post was still visible and hadn't in scrolled off page in a like a month or two.

Compressing the boards will give the illusion of more activity... and will hopefully spur people joining in and creating real activity.