View Full Version : 15 minute battery charger

Andy Manea
10-15-2004, 10:40 PM
For anyone who is lucky enough to own a digital camera that works on regular batteries like my own: there is a 15 minute charger that's definitely worth its money out on the market. I don't know if this is old news, but I have not seen it before, and took a risk and bought it, and IT WORKS! It works in the US, AND in old Europe, which might be interesting if you travel a lot.

Jason Dunn
10-17-2004, 09:45 PM
I've heard of these before, but never bought one as almost nothing I own takes regular batteries. That's cool to know it works so well - now if only I could recharge my Pocket PC or laptop battery in 15 minutes... ;-)

Andy Manea
10-18-2004, 05:48 PM
now if only I could recharge my Pocket PC or laptop battery in 15 minutes... ;-)
Hmm, that's why I am now considering a "battery extender charger" like this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29846&item=5726093599&rd=1).
Aaaah, the beauty of independance... :D

Suhit Gupta
10-18-2004, 09:05 PM
BTW, is this a charger that charges your battery to full in 15 minutes? Or gives you an additional 15 minutes of charge?

Also, is this something like the CellBoost product that is being sold here in the US a lot that gives you 1 extra hour of talk time when you plug it into your phone (compatible phones, for example there are version for the proprietary Ericsson connectors).

Suhit

Andy Manea
10-19-2004, 05:48 PM
That charger fully charges your AAs and AAAs in 15 minutes, provided you are using I-3C rechargeable batteries. I have not really tried to understand WHY it works, and did not believe it would really work until I tried it. I bought this "two position charger" (http://www.rayovac.com/15minutes/info.html) in the US. As to the battery extender that I mentioned above, in the Ebay description it says that 4 AAs will give you a full charge on your PPC. I hope that's true. It serves the same purpose as the cell boost, but you can use it again and again and again. That's better for the environment. :way to go: