View Full Version : Editing video that was already on a DVD

Godsongz
10-06-2004, 08:09 PM
I have a DVD with about 9 minutes of content that I want to rip, edit a few chunks out here and there, and then dump back to DVD.

What is the best way to do this?

I thought I'd use FlaskMPEG to get the contents into an editable format for Adobe Premiere, but Flask apparently doesn't like the LPCM format the audio is in so I end up with no sound. I also tried ripping the disc first with DVDShrink and then Flasking the VOB from the hard drive but ran into the same problem with LPCM.

Help :(

Godsongz
10-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Wow, I can't be the only person here who has ever tried to do this

backpackerx
11-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Ok, here's how I'd do it, but I haven't done it before and I'm sure there may be a more simple way to do it.

I'd rip it and get the .VOB file. I'd then use VirtualDubMod (freeware) to convert the .VOB file to .AVI so my editing program could handle it. Make sure to use VirtualDubMod and not just regular VirtualDub because I don't think the regular one handles .VOB files.

Trim the 9 Minutes out of the .VOB file before encoding with VirtualDubMod to save time and then encode to the highest quality AVI.

Import the finished 9min AVI to your video editor and edit it then convert/burn back to DVD.