View Full Version : new Canon digital rebel

wesley762
10-06-2004, 03:18 AM
well I have finally made the step to a canon digital rebel. well I know that I have alot to learn and this is going to become a daily site for me now. I have become very addicted to my camera's in the last few years but not really taken the time to learn what I am doing but time to get a little more serious about things. I know that I am going to have to spend the next week just reading the manual and finding out everything that the camera can do. but now to get the point is I am starting to look for a better muti purpose lens. something in the 300 to 500 dollar range with a good zoom. and if ya have any good tips would love to have them.

Thank you

ntractv
10-07-2004, 12:38 AM
I am just starting to take photography seriously and for me I have found my Tamron 28-200 zoom a real every day work horse on my Canon 10D. I also have a 17-24 Tamron lens as well as a Canon 75-300, but, the 28-200 is used the most and it fits in the price range you listed.
I am assuming the Rebel takes the EF series of lenses.

Just my 2 cents.

Someone smarter will probably have a better answer though.

Suhit Gupta
10-07-2004, 12:44 AM
If you are looking for solid zoom, then the 75-300 IS lens from Canon would be a good choice. Remember that don't go cheap and get the lens without Image Stabilization because at 300mm, (more like 500mm with the 1.6x factor from the DSLR), you will find all your images blurry at the highest zoom. If you don't want that much zoom, the 75-200 is also quite good.

Suhit

wesley762
10-08-2004, 01:47 AM
thank you for your response I guess the best thing for now is to just go down to the camera store and try a few and see what works for me. I have looked at the tamron and not to shabby, also been thinking about buying the lens online but not so sure about who or where to buy it online. I found a place that was selling a canon 75-300mm for about 150 buck and I know that is a great price but how can I trust that place. any suggestions on where to buy?