View Full Version : Sony, Canon, Panasonic or JVC?!?!?

groan
10-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Ok, with the amount of inexpensive MiniDV cameras out there, it is so hard to know how to go!
so to start off my research, i need some help in isolating a brand, then i'll look at models.

Looking at this link (canadian prices)
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subclass.asp?catid=10545&mfr=&search=&logon=&langid=EN&dept=14&WLBS=fsweb19&sort=1&page=0&list=
i would be looking for a camera under the $1000 mark.
I'd prefer closer to $700, but will consider higher if the features warrant it.

As i mentioned in an earlier post, this will be mainly for family videos, but I do NOT want to sacrafice quality. That means, i know that some Canon models are terrible in low light situations but i don't know any quirks in the other brands.

Is it worh paying a bit more for a Sony? are there any good Panasonics in the mix?

Oh and from the link above, i wont limit myself to these. if you know of a model that is not listed there, please speak up. I only used that link because there are alot to see there.

Thanks for your help and i value your input!

Cheers,

groan
10-08-2004, 09:49 PM
well, i went ahead and bought the bottom of the rung mini dv sony.
the 20.
it's nice and tiny (i couldnt believe how tiny!) and the ease at getting video onto the computer was simple using the microsoft movie creator software thingy...

later!

James Fee
10-08-2004, 11:35 PM
It really is amazing how easy it is to create a movie these days.

You'll quickly outgrow Windows Movie Maker, but there is no easier way to create a movie.

groan
10-13-2004, 04:16 PM
i just picked up premiere elements.
havnt had a chance to try it, but it looks promising.