View Full Version : What is an LCM screen?

Suhit Gupta
09-28-2004, 08:47 PM
So I came across the term LCM screen yesterday for the first time. Of course I first though that it was a typo, meant to say LCD screen, but the term came from someone and in a context where I wasn't sure whether that was a typo. So I typed it into Google and A9 (amazon's new search engine) and it turns out that LCM is an actual type of screen. In fact, and this is very relevant to the folks at PPCT - LCM may refer to all screens that are touch sensitive. But I am not sure of this.

Now, here is my question - What is an LCM screen? And what does LCM stand for?

Thanks
Suhit

Kursplat
09-29-2004, 01:25 AM
Like, Cool, Man!

Jason Dunn
09-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Not a damn clue. :?

ctmagnus
09-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Liquid Crystal Display Module

or that's what Acronym Finder (http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=LCM) came up with.

Kursplat
09-29-2004, 10:13 PM
LCM = Liquid Crystal Module or Liquid Crystal Display Module

Liquid Crystal Module (LCM) and Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) are often used interchangeably. To be pedantic, LCD is the actual glass display, while LCM describes the complete assembly (or module) including printed circuit board (PCB), electronics and back-light. The most used term is LCD or Liquid Crystal Display

References:
http://www.computronics.com.au/ampire/glossary/

Kursplat
09-29-2004, 10:14 PM
As soon as I started seeing references to Liquid Crystal Module, I figured this was the difference, but still wanted to find a source that explained it for sure.

Suhit Gupta
09-29-2004, 10:43 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for the information. However, why is it that the most common (almost exclusive) use of this acronym is to describe screens that are touch sensitive?

Suhit

Kursplat
09-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Interesting. As I was looking through the sites that came back in my Google site trying to find one that defined what it meant, I did not seem to get that same impression.

Flow44
07-30-2007, 10:54 AM
its a new way to watch TV...u go in the movie and transfrom into the mainactor :D

i dont know..check wikipedia