View Full Version : Weird Problem using my Creative Zen PMC

sting0r
09-06-2004, 05:36 PM
I get the following error, Windows User-Mode Driver Framework has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The program that keeps crashing is uwdf.exe. I get the following error codes.
szAppName : uwdf.exe szAppVer : 5.2.3790.1230 szModName : rpcrt4.dll

szModVer : 5.1.2600.2180 offset : 000897f1

Please help!!! This is only happening during copy from windows media player to the zen. Any ideas whats going wrong?

Jason Dunn
09-07-2004, 05:43 AM
Crazy! I've never seen that error before, but give this a try:

1) Download WMP10 again
2) De-activate the mini player in the toolbar
3) Reboot
4) Re-install WMP10
5) Start it up manually
6) Try connecting the Zen again

sting0r
09-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks Jason, will try when I get home. What is the mini player though?

Jason Dunn
09-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Thanks Jason, will try when I get home. What is the mini player though?

It's the player that appears in the taskbar. Right click on a blank area on the task bar, select toobars, then un-check the Windows Media Player entry.

coreymcl
09-28-2004, 02:51 AM
OK I am playing with mine and I don't think I clicked on the right settings when I first setup the auto-sync feature. Has anybody found a way to delete this partnership and create a new one?

I also found out I have a problem with my Windows Media Center Edition and will have to send it to Gateway for repair before I can play with that piece.

Jason Dunn
09-28-2004, 04:31 AM
OK I am playing with mine and I don't think I clicked on the right settings when I first setup the auto-sync feature. Has anybody found a way to delete this partnership and create a new one?

I think you'll need to hard reset the unit. I can't remember how I did it (I had to send the Zen back) but it should be in your manual. I don't know of any other way to change that. :-(