View Full Version : Windows Media Player 10 - No Online Stores?

Jason Dunn
09-05-2004, 11:15 PM
I installed WMP10 onto my wife's computer yesterday, and while it continues to be sluggish with the database of 17,000-odd songs (I was hoping they'd increase the performance of the database, guess not), it worked well. I wanted to set up her computer to tap into the Napster account I set up, yet when I clicked to the online stores, it's telling me that there are no online stores available in my area. Pardon me? I double-checked that the location was set to Canada, and it was. So the question is, why can't I access Napster's Canadian online store from inside WMP 10? :?

encece
09-06-2004, 01:35 AM
I'm not in Canada, but I went to the music store and picked Napster where I downloaded the Napster Plugin for WMP. Everything is working great and I now have a Windows Media Interface for my Napster! Nice.

David Horn
09-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Out of curiosity, have you found any player that copes happily with your massive music library?

JohnDoe
09-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Out of curiosity, have you found any player that copes happily with your massive music library?

I like Media Center from J River: http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter. It works well with large media collections.

Jason Dunn
09-06-2004, 09:12 PM

No, not really - it's a lot of music to be sure, although it usually only causes problems when you try to sort the data in new ways...I think Winamp was fairly fast at it.