View Full Version : Nero PhotoShow

Jason Dunn
08-11-2004, 04:30 PM
"Nero PhotoShow Elite lets you experience photo management in a whole new way. Equipped with multiple easy-to-use editing tools found in professional software, Nero PhotoShow Elite allows you opportunity to make every picture PERFECT. You can do it all - Organize, manage, edit, capture, make musical slideshows and share your photos and musical slideshows online with family and friends or burn a CD or VCD and watch it at your next family event."

http://www.nerophotoshow.com/img/manage_gallery.jpg

I was updating my Nero 6 software last night (there's always 20+ MB of patches to download for that software it seems), and I saw that they had added a new component: Nero PhotoShow Express. The full version of the product, Nero PhotoShow Elite, sells for $49.99 USD. I played around with the software a bit last night and it looks pretty good. One thing I didn't like was that it seems to be locked in 800 x 600 resolution - they might have performance problems at a higher resolution though because the entire thing seems to be made in Macromedia Flash. The feature set is decent, although nothing really jumped out at me as being worth switching from my current setup. Anyone else tried this app? What did you think of it?

kagayaki1
08-11-2004, 04:53 PM
What's your current setup, out of curiousity?

I use Photoshop for serious editing, and Picasa for quick fixes / blogging / e-mail.

Jason Dunn
08-12-2004, 12:31 AM
What's your current setup, out of curiousity? I use Photoshop for serious editing, and Picasa for quick fixes / blogging / e-mail.

I use Picasa for album management, ACDSEE for photo management (batch renaming, batch resizing, etc.), and Ulead PhotoImpact for photo editing.