Jason Dunn
07-01-2004, 04:59 AM
First one that wants it gets it:

http://gmail.google.com/gmail/a-37822f312c-58c6bf0de6

(that link will only work once)

Enjoy!

Gary Sheynkman
07-01-2004, 05:33 AM
For those of you interested i've had mine for a week or so and if i get "invitation powers" i will post them. It is really easy to use...go google!

Daimhin
07-01-2004, 05:02 PM
How long after getting an account do they start giving out the invites? Just wondering since I have some friends interested and I haven't seen an invite come my way since I got my account.

Jason Dunn
07-01-2004, 05:05 PM
How long after getting an account do they start giving out the invites? Just wondering since I have some friends interested and I haven't seen an invite come my way since I got my account.

It really varies and is quite random, but I'd say within 2 weeks you should get some, although some people get them in 48 hours. Those Google guys are tricky. :-)

Daimhin
07-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Figured it wasn't on a regular schedule but wasn't sure. So far I like the interface and have only seen 2 ads appear on my messages. They weren't anything outrageous and in fact they disappeared after I replied to the message and haven't reappeared on that conversation.

David Prahl
07-08-2004, 07:03 PM
I got a extra three invitations about a week after getting my account, but haven't gotten any more since then. Hmm...

Suhit Gupta
07-08-2004, 07:54 PM
I got a extra three invitations about a week after getting my account, but haven't gotten any more since then. Hmm...
Actually Google was giving invitations away like crazy for about a month there. Almost 6 invitations per day if you were actually using them. But apparently they have slowed down a LOT now.

Suhit

Kent Pribbernow
07-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Does anyone have an extra invite they would like to give me? I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Jason Dunn
07-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Does anyone have an extra invite they would like to give me? I would greatly appreciate it. :)

I haven't seen one in weeks. :-(

ctmagnus
07-27-2004, 09:53 PM

pm me your email address ;). That's assuming that Kent Pribbernow is your real name ;)

Jason Dunn
07-27-2004, 09:55 PM
pm me your email address ;). That's assuming that Kent Pribbernow is your real name ;)

He's kent@ dmt

Suhit Gupta
07-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Jason,
It is interesting that you aren't getting invitations. I haven's stopped receiving invitations completely though the numbers have gone down dramatically. I have one left but in this case I will let ctmagnus help Kent out. :) Plus, I am sort of saving mine for a rainy day I guess. ;-)

Suhit

backpackerx
07-27-2004, 10:19 PM
If it's not too much to ask, I could use one too if someone has some extra invites. I'm maxing out hotmail and refuse to pay for extra storage :oops:

Suhit Gupta
07-27-2004, 10:29 PM
If it's not too much to ask, I could use one too if someone has some extra invites. I'm maxing out hotmail and refuse to pay for extra storage :oops:
Even after Hotmail's bump up to 250MB?

Suhit

backpackerx
07-27-2004, 10:44 PM
I read they were going to do something like this but I still have only 2Mb and the "get more storage" link takes you to a hotmail plus link for 2Gb for $20. I think maybe it's the @msn.com accounts that have the 250Mb.

If anyone knows, fill me in.

backpackerx
07-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Upon furthur researching it *looks* like the 250Mb might only be for MSN ISP subscribers. Not positive but I know that if a free upgrade is available for hotmail accounts they're not making it easy to find. I was under the impression that a free upgrade was commming too.

Maybe in a couple months the pressure from Yahoo (now 100Mb free I think) and Gmail with convince Hotmail to respond.

Jason Dunn
07-27-2004, 11:00 PM

That's not happening until the fall. They're out buying hard drives right now. :lol:

backpackerx
07-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Good, In that case I can wait.

Thanks

Jason Dunn
07-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Good, In that case I can wait.

Well, for what it's worth, I always hated Hotmail and Web-based email in general, but I really enjoy using Gmail. So it's not just a matter of storage for me... ;-)

Suhit Gupta
07-28-2004, 02:45 AM

That's not happening until the fall. They're out buying hard drives right now. :lol:
Really? I thought the change had already gone into effect. Damn, I just checked... you are right.

Suhit Gupta
07-28-2004, 02:46 AM
Upon furthur researching it *looks* like the 250Mb might only be for MSN ISP subscribers. Not positive but I know that if a free upgrade is available for hotmail accounts they're not making it easy to find. I was under the impression that a free upgrade was commming too.

Maybe in a couple months the pressure from Yahoo (now 100Mb free I think) and Gmail with convince Hotmail to respond.
Hmm, I just went back and looked up articles and it is definitely a 250MB upgrade for free while subscribers get 2GB.

Suhit

oom
07-30-2004, 06:26 PM
If any of you kind sirs have a spare invite, I would love to explore this thing you call, how do you say it, GMAIL. :D

with much love and warm regards,

craig

p.s. it is for my dog. wouldn't you like to make a dog happy today?

mrkablooey
08-02-2004, 01:14 PM
I got an invite off ebay for $4. :wink:

Long live capitalism!

Suhit Gupta
08-09-2004, 01:38 AM
Hmm, I had a few invites on my gmail account that (like I mentioned before) I was saving but now I just logged in and they are gone. So either my account was hacked, :) or Google has started revoking invitations. Has anyone else had this?

Suhit

Filip Norrgard
08-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Hmm, I had a few invites on my gmail account that (like I mentioned before) I was saving but now I just logged in and they are gone. So either my account was hacked, :) or Google has started revoking invitations. Has anyone else had this?
A bird whispered into my ear, that Gmail will be going live at the end of this month (August). Anyone else met the same bird? ;)

Suhit Gupta
08-10-2004, 01:20 PM
A bird whispered into my ear, that Gmail will be going live at the end of this month (August). Anyone else met the same bird? ;)
I thought I heard similar stuff, but I don't know anymore with the current problems Google is having with their stock auction.

Suhit

Filip Norrgard
08-10-2004, 03:03 PM
I thought I heard similar stuff, but I don't know anymore with the current problems Google is having with their stock auction.
Like the problems the are having as according to User Friendly? ;)

http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/archives/04aug/xuf007010.gif (http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20040810)

Suhit Gupta
08-10-2004, 04:02 PM
The image link you posted does not work. But I think you are refering to today's UF which is fantastic.

Suhit