View Full Version : RealPlayer 10 For OSX Coming Wednesday

Kent Pribbernow
06-30-2004, 12:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2004/06/28/real/' target='_blank'>http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2004/06/28/real/</a><br /><br /></div>"RealNetworks Inc. announced Monday the forthcoming release of RealPlayer 10 for Mac OS X, the latest release of their media player software for Mac users. The software is being released as a public beta version on Wednesday, June 30. Able to play audio and video in formats include RealNetworks' own RealAudio and RealVideo formats, RealPlayer 10 for Mac OS X can also play back QuickTime video content in full screen mode, offers video controls and a graphic equalizer, integrates a browser window and supports Rendezvous, Apple's terminology for zero-configuration networking. The software plays back free content and subscription-based content made available through RealNetworks' RadioPass and SuperPass services."<br /><br />Oh joy. Now I can have the same great bloated, buggy, spyware laden media player for Windows, on my Mac as well. I can't wait to download this wonderful product right away. :roll:

foldedspace
06-30-2004, 12:14 AM
I actually bought Real Player at one point because there were certain things I really wanted to see without the crappy pixelation and buffering...buffering....buffering.

It was a little better than the free version, but it came with a monthly subscription to Goldpass, which I didn't want or order. That took a little while to cancel. Then they came out with a new version with no upgrade. Bleh...

rzanology
06-30-2004, 12:41 AM
so much for the no virus thing on macs

Lee Yuan Sheng
06-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Heh. No more Realplayer here! Media Player Classic playing Real files instead. So much better.

Zack Mahdavi
06-30-2004, 08:04 PM
The last version of RealPlayer for OS X wasn't bad at all. It was a real barebones version of RealPlayer designed to only play Real streams. That's all I wanted, and I think that was the best application Real had ever made. :)

mcsouth
07-01-2004, 12:30 AM
I made the mistake of downloading and installing RealPlayer on our family PC a few years back........I finally had to do a format C and reinstall to get things back to normal.

The only thing that holds me back from subscribing to things like NASCAR Online is the fact that they use RealPlayer to deliver their streams - I wonder how many other folks won;t subscribe for the same reason?

Real may have cleaned up their act (or maybe not...) but I have no intention of ever downloading their player again - burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me.............