View Full Version : Help with Roxio DVD Builder

Chris Gohlke
06-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Building a DVD. Have all my video in and the estimated size is 3.782 GB of 4.7 GB. So it should fit fine on the disk. I start the burn process and it takes a few hours to encode everything. Then it comes back and says there is not enough room on the disk. Tried multiple new disks and it still has the same problem. This is my first time using this product with my burner. Any hints? I did use the option to have automatic compression from the preferences menu.

Chris Gohlke
06-27-2004, 01:36 AM
A little more info, my source data files are three 500 MB MPEG files. I was also wondering why only 1.5 GB of files takes up 3.7 GB by the estimator?

makicr
06-27-2004, 07:53 AM
A little more info, my source data files are three 500 MB MPEG files. I was also wondering why only 1.5 GB of files takes up 3.7 GB by the estimator?

The DVD will be using less compression than your MPEG's, hence the size difference.

Have you tried burning with only two of the files?

makicr
06-27-2004, 07:55 AM
Sorry, duplicate post.

Chris Gohlke
06-27-2004, 09:55 AM
i will try that tomorrow. But, I had Roxio just create an image file to the HD and that was about 3.7 GB, so why won't it fit on the DVD? I also tried to then burn the image to DVD and that did not work either.

Chris Gohlke
06-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Two worked fine. When I looked at what was created in the image file, it appears that two files are actually created. But the estimator in Roxio only includes the size of the larger file in the estimate, but they both have to fit on the disk.