View Full Version : bitten by the digital photography bug

PatrickD
06-09-2004, 04:35 PM
I was never very interested in digital cameras. My wife was the photographer in our family, and took nice pictures with her 35mm SLR. Then one day while perusing www.pocketpcthoughts.com I discovered that Jason had expanded his thoughts empire and created this site. As someone who is predisposed to spending a large portion of my meager salary on shiny electronic objects, I quickly came to the conclusion that I needed a digital camera. I figured my wife and her 35mm SLR would continue to handle the important photographic assignments, so I wanted something relatively inexpensive and simple. Based on size, price, and features I settled on the Canon A75. To be honest I was not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised when I started using the camera. I am very impressed by the quality of the pictures. Using a digital camera is also a lot of fun. No longer are you restrained by the cost of film. You can play around with all the manual settings, trying different techniques, and if it doesn’t work out just delete it. I have definitely been bitten by the digital photography bug. The only problem is now I want a digital SLR :D (or maybe a new pocket pc hmmm decisions decisions :? )

Suhit Gupta
06-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks for sharing Patrick. Since I currently own a PocketPC, a Digital SLR and a regular point-and-shoot digital camera, I can safely say that the best investment was in the Digital SLR :). Though I am sure the guys at PPCT will disagree ;-).

Suhit

Jason Dunn
06-10-2004, 05:17 AM
Welcome to the site Patrick! As much as I love Pocket PCs, digital photography & video are also close to my heart. I love taking pictures, printing them, sharing them with others. :D

PatrickD
06-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Guys, thanks for the welcome and introducing me to a new and interesting hobby. But Jason, please don't start any sites like ferrarithoughts.com, or I might just have to go out and buy a Ferrari :wink:

rzanology
06-28-2004, 06:04 PM
DONT LISTEN TO THEEEM!!!! its all about ipaqs and sony ericsson phones :)... I too feel like you patrick. After getting my dsc-t1 (which i carry with me every where now) I can't seem to stop taking pics. But i find myself wanting more....slr??? maybe. By the way....whats the best cheap one lol. I dont want to pay 1000 for a camera.

backpackerx
06-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Best "cheaper" one is probably the Nikon D70 at around $1300. The other "cheap" DSLR is the Canon Digital Rebel at around $900.