View Full Version : TrustedReviews Looks at Two Monster 22" CRT Monitors

Jason Dunn
05-14-2004, 07:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=437' target='_blank'>http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=437</a><br /><br /></div>"You can now get a lovely big 22in CRT for under £500, around some £300 cheaper than a few years ago. So if you’re thinking about making such a purchase take a look at some of the keen prices out there. And, to help you along, we’ve brought two of the market leaders together in a 22in CRT head to head..."<br /><br />I know some people who are die-hard CRT fans, so if you're one of those types, this review might interest you. It's amazing how cheap CRT monitors have become, so if photo editing screen space is what you're after, CRTs are the way to go. And, hey, it's survey time!

Filip Norrgard
05-15-2004, 10:45 AM
I know some people who are die-hard CRT fans, so if you're one of those types, this review might interest you. It's amazing how cheap CRT monitors have become, so if photo editing screen space is what you're after, CRTs are the way to go. And, hey, it's survey time!
I don't like CRTs after seeing some nice LCD TFTs in use. LCDs are unfortunately priced after the 3 dimensional space they save, which is inevitably useful for filling with other gadgets! :lol:

But there is a (potential/suggested) health prospect with LCDs: they don't generate a big electromagnetic fields as their bigger brothers. Plus, magnets and electric spikes don't disturb them as much... :P

Suhit Gupta
05-15-2004, 04:36 PM
I don't like CRTs after seeing some nice LCD TFTs in use.
I agree, I am going to find it very hard to go back to CRTs now that I have used LCDs.

Suhit

Jonathon Watkins
05-17-2004, 01:50 AM
For the price difference though - I personally wold prefer a 22 inch CRT to an 18 inch LCD. What about colour purity as well? Aren't CRT monitors much better than LCDs at showing the correct colours?

I read a few month ago about a nice 20 inch monitor calibrated to Adobe RGB 1998 for digital photography work. Anyone using one at the moment?