View Full Version : Got the Minolta Dimage Z1!

Prometheus
05-04-2004, 06:44 PM
After a very long search and disturbing countless sales clerks, I finally settled on the Dimage Z1 as my first digital ultra zoom camera. It was a close race between this and the Powershot S1 IS, but price was the ultimate deciding factor. Sure, I lose the image stabilizer, but I did not think >CDN$200 was really worth it.

So far, I am loving it and I have been experimenting with all the different settings and so far I have not found any problems. Once I put my website up, I can post a gallery. Also look to hear more about it from me in the near future. :D

Cheers!

The Yaz
05-04-2004, 07:52 PM
On Friday I bought a Dimage Z1 to replace the camera that my kids accidentally broke. Saturday was my daughter's first communion and I could not go cameraless.

I always wanted a camera with a stronger optic zoom, and the price was reasonable ($265.66 USD) considering its 3.2 megapixel with a 10x optic zoom.

It uses 4 AA or recharchable batteries. I took about 60 picks at normal quality and two 30 second videos, and they came out okay.

I'm sure I could have done some more neat stuff with it, but I didn't have the time to read the manual. It was certainly easy to open the box and just get started.

I would agree that this camera is worth looking at.

Steve 8)

Gary Sheynkman
05-04-2004, 09:11 PM
congrats! keep us up to date with your photography