View Full Version : (Subscribers) What are you using your Personal Media Folder for?

JTWise
04-18-2004, 05:51 PM
When I subscribed, I was really excited about the Personal Media Folder. So far, I have used exactly 0MB of my 10MB. So, what are you using your space for?

Jason Dunn
04-19-2004, 05:57 AM
Once we start asking people to post pictures of things, especially for photo workshops, I think people will start to use it more. ;-)

mike
04-19-2004, 07:13 PM
I didn't even know I had a personal media folder until now! That's pretty freakin' cool.

Suhit Gupta
04-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Yep, 10MB. Very useful for people that don't have their own hosting space and still want to share pics/videos here on DMT.

Suhit

Jason Dunn
04-19-2004, 10:46 PM
I didn't even know I had a personal media folder until now! That's pretty freakin' cool.

Well, you'll only have one if you're a subscriber (http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/subscribe.php). ;-)

js415
04-20-2004, 01:29 AM
Well, so far I have used mine for exactly....NOTHING!!!!!!!

I'm gonna put a few pics in soon....just to say I did it!!!

Jerry

Crocuta
04-20-2004, 04:02 AM
Nothing here either, so far, but it's always a pain to have to upload an image to my website just so I can attach it to a thread. This will come in handy.

entropy1980
04-20-2004, 10:39 PM
I use mine to smuggle crack from mexico... The DMT Media Folder has changed my life! :lol:
Actually not using it for anything yet...hmmm

Gary Sheynkman
04-21-2004, 12:04 AM
I use mine when I need to explain things in picture form.

For example:

This is what a long exposure photo looks like

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/assets/common/FileObject/jpg.gif DSC00660.JPG (http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/media/users/9/DSC00660.JPG) (Size: 1,242.6 KB)

(I know it's a bit overexposed but deal with it :wink: )

Suhit Gupta
04-21-2004, 03:01 AM
BTW, I meant to ask you in the other thread, but what car is that in those shots?

Suhit

Gary Sheynkman
05-03-2004, 01:48 AM
04 nissan altima
only parking lights on
30 sec exposure and a countdown :) (I ran to the car and waited for the orange signal on my 717)

Once the camera started taking the pic I backed up kinda waiving at the end and pulling a sweet turn but there was not enough time to capture it completely..... time to upgrade lol

Normal Headlights work well only if you
a) go fast enough so that the light is not over exposed
b) have a polarizing filter
c) can adjust your headlight angle to point dont(I dont think US cars can do it though)
d) just dont point the light directly at the camera

If I have a d70 or rebel, this would be the super shot:

VERY long exposure; slowly creep up to the camera on a tripod mounted as high as possible; drive in waves (side to side) and once you get to the camera have someone flash the car.

Result:

A semi transparent car with headlight lines going behind it into infinity....VERY cool but lots of effort needed.

piperpilot
05-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Now that I know I have a personal folder, I will put some pictures in it; however, I am a digital neophyte--I got my first digital camera for Christmas--and I'm concerned that my pictures are too amateurish. They are all point-and-shoot pictures with no special effects. In fact, were it not for my H5455 iPaq connecting to the Internet, I don't even have access to a computer right now. My old Pentium II died last week and the new Dell XPS won't be delivered for a couple of weeks. I expect to get more into digital media with the new computer, so until then, I am decidedly low-tech digital. Please bear with me as I learn. I'm very excited about DMT.

Gary Sheynkman
05-03-2004, 11:41 PM
wow PII to a XPS...

That is quite a jump you made! What made you choose the dell over the competitors?

piperpilot
05-04-2004, 12:35 AM
wow PII to a XPS...

That is quite a jump you made! What made you choose the dell over the competitors?

In my last post, I kind of lied. I actually do have access to a computer--my husband's old Gateway 486DX. However, that computer is so old, we can't the Internet on it anymore, so I frequently forget about it. It was the "new" computer that broke.

As for the "new" computer's replacement, my husband and I started out saying we would get a cheap $500 computer for the time being because we are having a $150k addition put on to our house. However, my husband is a software engineer so you can probably guess how long the idea of the cheapie computer lasted. Before we knew it, the cheap $500 computer became a $3,400 monster. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I'm actually pretty excited about it. I love new toys!

Why Dell? That decision was left to the man of the house. If it was up to me, I would have gone down to CompUSA and come home the same day with a new machine rather than waiting for two weeks.