View Full Version : Update Your Timezone In Preferences

Suhit Gupta
04-06-2004, 05:00 AM
You may or may not have noticed that post times on Digital Media Thoughts have been off by an hour for the last two days. This is apparently due to phpBB being weird about Daylight Savings Time. In order to fix this, go into your preferences, and set your clock one hour forward. For example, I'm usually GMT-5 in New York, but now I'm GMT-4. Apologies for the inconvenience.

ctmagnus
04-06-2004, 06:32 AM
Is there no way to do this on the PPC? On PPCT, there's a Preferences link on the desktop version, but when you access it on a PPC, there are no menu options on the preferences page. There's no preferences link period on DMT, desktop or mobile (afaict).

Suhit Gupta
04-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I had spoken to Jason about this a little while ago and it was definitely on the list of things to be fixed. I have the same problem where the entire right hand side column appears broken on a PPC, i.e. when I go to the deskop mode. And in the mobile mode, there is no link to prefs. Jason, could we fix this when you're back?

Suhit

Jason Dunn
04-07-2004, 04:33 AM
I talk to Fabrizio about getting it added, but it's a very low priority - how often do you really change your preferences?

Jason Dunn
04-07-2004, 04:34 AM
I have the same problem where the entire right hand side column appears broken on a PPC, i.e. when I go to the deskop mode.

That's because the desktop version is not designed to be viewed on a Pocket PC. :-)