View Full Version : How can I use a70 as a webcam?

sublime
03-26-2004, 08:02 PM
I tried Remote Capture, but it doesn't seem to allow me to do it. Does anyone have any idea?

Jason Dunn
03-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Hmm...I never install the camera drivers or connect my camera do my desktop PC, so I don't have any direct experience with this. Windows XP SHOULD see your digital camera as a camera though, and it should show up in your My Computer as a device near the bottom. Does it? When you shut down and re-start MSN Messenger, does it detect you have a Webcam? What program are you trying to use it as a Webcam in?

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-26-2004, 08:36 PM
Only Fuji cameras let you do that via the USB port. Otherwise the only option I know is that you'll need to use the TV-out connected to some video-in port (TV tuner, video conversion card/box, etc) in your computer.

My suggestion however is to get a cheap webcam for your webcam needs. The digital camera isn't powered from the USB hub, and I don't think you'd like to change the batteries more often too.

Suhit Gupta
03-28-2004, 04:55 PM
I am sorry but I am having a hard time understanding your question, are you asking how to use your Canon Powershot A70 as a webcam? I did not know it was even capable of doing so?!

Suhit