View Full Version : How about a Panasonic FZ 10??

js415
03-04-2004, 02:56 AM
Still looking for a camera...played with a FZ10 today....thought it was pretty nice. 12X zoom,,,SD card...very nice Leica lens....

Decisions,,,,decisions.....

Jerry

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-04-2004, 03:00 AM
Geez, go buy a camera already. At this rate it'll be Christmas and you're still deciding!

The camera is fine, but it's also more expensive than the S5000.

The Leica lens doesn't mean much, I'd ignore it and look at final image quality.

js415
03-04-2004, 03:08 AM
I know, I know.....I'm the worlds worst buyer!!!!

Even read dpreview so many times, on different cameras, I cant decide which is the best deal.

They only gave the s5000 an average rating...but the s7000 a recommend rating.....so I'm thinking about spending an extra couple of hundred, and stepping up a little.

Tooooooo many options.....none of them all in the same camera.

Jerry

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-04-2004, 03:44 AM
All the cameras you've mentioned are good. Which is why you should head down to a shop and try them out, provided there's a good one in your area. Buy the one whose egronomics and UI you like the best.

js415
03-04-2004, 03:53 AM
All the cameras you've mentioned are good. Which is why you should head down to a shop and try them out, provided there's a good one in your area. Buy the one whose egronomics and UI you like the best.

Your exactly right....I tried out several at Wolf Photo here in Atlanta. The one I really liked before I put it in my hands, I had to change my mind. It did not fit my face well,,,,fingers went to the wrong place,,,etc...etc..

So I'm headed back tommorrow or the next day to test drive some more....and from what I have seen so far,,,,they all will do me a good job....and I need to buy the darned thing, whatever it is!!!

Thanks for your help.

Jerry

Gary Sheynkman
03-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Still searching huh? dpreview is a great place to find out about cameras but you cant back on it all the time. Remember that Phil is a pro and views all cameras with a critical eye. What he might see as a problem might not bother you at all. :wink:

You can always wait around until next year's PMA where DMT will have a REP ...haha :lol:

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-04-2004, 12:12 PM
Actually, well, errm, I wouldn't take any review as the last word on any equipment. I'd say something about DPreview, but I'm not in the mood for getting myself into potential trouble, so I'll just say that everyone makes mistakes and less than perfect judgements.

Suhit Gupta
03-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Well, I can see Jerry's indecision :), I know the feeling that he wants to avoid, i.e. buy a camera after much looking, come home, take a few pictures and then have that awful feeling that says 'oh, I should perhaps have gone with the other camera'.

Jerry, see if Wolf's will do camera rentals. You can take a camera out for a day and give it a test run. Perhaps that will help you?

Suhit

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-04-2004, 05:28 PM
That is a great idea. Nothing like shooting with the camera for a day.