View Full Version : Hey Gary....What do you think about a Fuji Camera??

js415
03-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Gary, or any others,

I took a look at the Canon G3 and G5....really nice,,but a couple of things that stuck out to me.

One was being able to see the lens through the viewfinder, which just seemded annoying.

The other was that the viewfinder is even with the back of the body camera, and when looking through it, it seemed I was pushing my nose against the left side of the camera.

While there, the lady showed me the Fuji S5000. Have you had any experience with it?

It seemed to "fit" me nice, and I liked it pretty well.

Thoughts any one??

Jerry

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Nice lil' camera. 10x zoom. Fuji colour. I like it.

js415
03-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Ok,,,

I can tell you what I dont like, but they are not real important reasons!!

xD media.....so I have to start buying a new kind...no big deal.

3.2MP vs.4.0...again....for what I need, probably no big deal.

I really like the flip out LCD on the G3.....Fuji does not have it....but when I think about it.....I have never used the LCD on my current camera for taking pictures.....

Maybe I am making up my mind as we speak.....I'm headed off to find a review of the camera of I can.

Jerry

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Ah yes, xD is a pain. I hate new memory formats.

The flip out LCD is fun. I think it has its place in awkward shooting situations.

3 to 4 megapixels is a joke. It's really 3.14 to 3.92 megapixels, hehe. And the increase in print dimensions is only 11%.

js415
03-02-2004, 10:29 PM
3 to 4 megapixels is a joke. It's really 3.14 to 3.92 megapixels, hehe. And the increase in print dimensions is only 11%.

Exactly, I keep forgeting that it is not really 3 vs. 4

That makes the decision even better.

I'm reading a review right now,,,and so far it looks pretty good.

Jerry

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-02-2004, 10:57 PM
If you can try it at a store, do so. Nothing like handling the camera in the flesh.

Gary Sheynkman
03-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Sorry just got back from school :lol:

ill be honest and say that i dont have any experience/knowledge about Fuji cameras. All I can tell you is that xD is a royal pain in the malakas :lol: (they are just so small...id loose all my cards the next day).

regarding resolution (yes this is from my own place...no linking!)

http://home.comcast.net/~sheynkman/megapixels.gif

Suhit Gupta
03-02-2004, 11:53 PM
The xD is fairly annoying. Minor peeve - I find that given the feature-set this lil' camera isn't quite so little. It is actually fairly large, built like an SLR.

Suhit

js415
03-03-2004, 12:03 AM
Physical size is not really a major factor for me. Most of the time I am carrying my camera on my ATV, or some other powered vehicle!!

So the size of the camera and related accesories are not to bad.

Is xD any worse than SD, or just another format?

I have read so many reviews, on so many cameras, and just when I think I have one picked, anotherone pops up, or I read something about the one I liked, that scares me!!

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Gary, that is a very nicely done mockup! It shows the stupidness of 4MP cameras very nicely, hehe.

xD isn't worse, just annoying. It's too small, and it's another format.

Gary Sheynkman
03-03-2004, 12:30 AM
double post

Gary Sheynkman
03-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Gary, that is a very nicely done mockup! It shows the stupidness of 4MP cameras very nicely, hehe.

xD isn't worse, just annoying. It's too small, and it's another format.

Its not mine :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol:
gooooooooooooooooooooooogle
But thanks!

Suhit Gupta
03-03-2004, 01:03 AM
Gary,
You can delete your duplicate posts by clicking the X button next to the post. Let me know if you don't see it or if it doesn't work.

Suhit

Gary Sheynkman
03-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Gary,
You can delete your duplicate posts by clicking the X button next to the post. Let me know if you don't see it or if it doesn't work.

Suhit

no that does not work for double posts since you can only delete ur post if its the LAST post in a thread

Suhit Gupta
03-04-2004, 04:24 PM
I don't think I have that kind of restriction, so in the future I could take care of things like this ;-). Or maybe a forum moderator could, once we get one.

Suhit

Andy Manea
03-04-2004, 10:57 PM
I love my current Fuji Finepix 4700, because it still works like a charm and the colors are fantastic, but I would not buy another Fuji as long as they use xd. I have a feeling that xd will disappear just like SM - and a lot sooner than SD or CF. It seems strange to base such a decision on the media used, but I am using an almost-dead format now. It sucks big time - I know that this camera might be still working 10 years from now, but that I will probably not be able to buy the media it will need.

js415
03-05-2004, 12:14 AM
I agree about the media issue. I am also looking at the S7000, which uses xD and CF. that way, I would be assured of always having plenty of storage space.

Myother real serious choice right now is the Panasonic, which uses SD, and has a nice feel to it.

Still looking,,,cant wait.

Jerry

Gary Sheynkman
03-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I don't think I have that kind of restriction, so in the future I could take care of things like this ;-). Or maybe a forum moderator could, once we get one.

Suhit

thats because you have more authority than I do :wink: :lol:

Suhit Gupta
03-07-2004, 01:14 AM
Hmm that is weird. I didn't think that was the case. I was under the impression that all users had access to delete any of their own posts at all times. :?

Suhit

Daimhin
04-16-2004, 08:00 PM
I agree about the media issue. I am also looking at the S7000, which uses xD and CF. that way, I would be assured of always having plenty of storage space.

Myother real serious choice right now is the Panasonic, which uses SD, and has a nice feel to it.

Still looking,,,cant wait.

Jerry

My parents purchased a S7000 last fall when it first came out and I was very impressed by the quality of the pictures. So over the holidays I got one for myself. I like the dual media slots, but there is a problem with the CF slot. If you leave certain CF cards in the slot it will GREATLY reduce the battery life of the camera. the xD cards don't cause this problem. I have taken to leaving my xD in the camera and my stack of CFs just sit in my camera bag until I need them.

Eric