View Full Version : Canon S50 - What am I missing?

JR
03-02-2004, 06:08 AM
OK, so I've got a Canon S50 (which I'm very happy with), but I haven't had a chance to read the manual or anything. So I'm taking all my pictures using the "Auto" setting.

I'm planning to read the manual (and I have a book too), but don't know when I'll get to it. It's been on my To Do list for at least 10 weeks.

So, what's the coolest feature I don't even know is there (yet)?

Gary Sheynkman
03-02-2004, 06:13 AM
OK, so I've got a Canon S50 (which I'm very happy with), but I haven't had a chance to read the manual or anything. So I'm taking all my pictures using the "Auto" setting.

I'm planning to read the manual (and I have a book too), but don't know when I'll get to it. It's been on my To Do list for at least 10 weeks.

So, what's the coolest feature I don't even know is there (yet)?

the S50 has alot of manual features hidden in that VERY sleek body. Read the book (manuals tend to..ahem...suck).

JR
03-02-2004, 06:50 AM
Well the book is a general digital photography book (it's Faster Smarter Digital Photograpy actually). Do you think it would cover a lot of the S50's features?

Lee Yuan Sheng
03-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Read the manual, since it is about your camera. If you have any questions to ask I'll be glad to answer.

Suhit Gupta
03-02-2004, 06:24 PM
JR, you could also read online reviews of the camera as well since they will be the Cliff-notes version of your camera manual to come extent. But ultimately, RTM.

Suhit

Deemo
03-30-2005, 03:42 AM
JR,
Most of the Canon features on digital are a carry over from their film cameras.
The feature I use the most is to go into Program Mode and use fill flash -especially for people shots on a sunny day.
The othe feature I use is swapping from large to small.
I realy don't mess with all the other features much at all.
Enjoy the camera - it is great!