View Full Version : Battery life

backpackerx
02-29-2004, 08:00 AM
I have 2 sets of 2100mA NiMh batteries. One is an Energizer set and one is a J&R music store branded battery. I get about 3 to 4 times the life out of the J&R's than the energizers. Why is this if the mA rating is the same? I thought Energizers being a major brand would work well.
I'm using the J&R charger but it should work fine for the Energizers too shouldn't it? The batteries are the same capacity.

Lee Yuan Sheng
02-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Well, it looks like there's something wrong with your energizers. 3 to 4 times less is something to worry about!

Suhit Gupta
02-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah, the 3-4 times life seems odd. Are the Energizer batteries older than the ones from J&R? And did you notice the problem as soon as you bought the batteries? Because sometimes if you let the batteries discharge all the way, I have heard that that occasionally reduces the battery life.

Suhit

backpackerx
02-29-2004, 07:42 PM
They are actually newer and the problem has occured from day 1. I don't have the package or receipt though (best buy) because who saves receipts and packages from batteries? You just expect them to work. :(

Suhit Gupta
02-29-2004, 08:25 PM
How old are they? Perhaps it is time to call Energizer Customer Service? :(

Suhit

Gary Sheynkman
02-29-2004, 08:38 PM
They are actually newer and the problem has occured from day 1. I don't have the package or receipt though (best buy) because who saves receipts and packages from batteries? You just expect them to work. :(

(funny computer voice) DURACEL DURACEL DURACEL!