View Full Version : Great "new" browser

Gary Sheynkman
02-12-2004, 03:56 AM
Mizilla renamed their superfast browser to Firefox (i think from fire bird) in version .8....works great...love the tabs!

www.mozilla.com

Suhit Gupta
02-12-2004, 03:59 AM
You need to list Avantbrowser (http://www.avantbrowser.com) :). Fantastic wrapper around IE.

Suhit

Janak Parekh
02-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Firefox's previous name was Firebird, not Firefly. Firefly was a website that did personalized matchings.

Anyway, it should be a separate option from Mozilla if you want to be precise. And yes, it works great. :)

--janak

Gary Sheynkman
02-13-2004, 01:56 AM
i went in to edit the name of the old browser and the poll was destroyed :oops: :( :cry:

David Prahl
02-29-2004, 02:30 AM
Firefox's previous name was Firebird

I've been using Firebird for about three months and just LOVE it. A few issues, but I'd take it over IE any day. If I download Firefox am I essentially "upgrading" Firebird?

Edit: Just "upgraded" - everything automatically imported! Favorites, links, plug-ins, etc are all there!

Suhit Gupta
02-29-2004, 02:50 AM
I've been using Firebird for about three months and just LOVE it. A few issues, but I'd take it over IE any day. If I download Firefox am I essentially "upgrading" Firebird?

Edit: Just "upgraded" - everything automatically imported! Favorites, links, plug-ins, etc are all there!
My problem with the tabs in Firefox (and Mozilla in general) is that all tabs are in one row of tabs. And this means that if you have a lot of tabs open, the size of each tab becomes smaller and smaller. I have heard that there are plugins that people have written that allow the user to control the behavior of the tabs, but I haven't tried any of those yet.

Suhit

David Prahl
02-29-2004, 02:56 AM
:evil: ARRGGH!:evil:
I upgraded to Firefox from Firebird 0.7. Lost the scroll bar and couldn't put it back. Downloaded a few themes and restarted it. Then it wouldn't start because of a XBL error. Still doesn't work after un-installing and re-installing.

I'm sticking with Firebird 0.7. If anyone wants a copy let me know.

In Firebird/Firefox I can only fit 6 "quick links" just below the address bar. I'd like to add DMT as the 7th, but the other 6 don't make room for it.