View Full Version : OPEC

Gary Sheynkman
02-12-2004, 02:35 AM
So opec (organization of petrolium exporting countries) is raising oil prices by 10%. Lets hope someone will give us oil that is not in opec (russia did after 911...or we would have been screwed). My macroeconomics teacher tied this in with GDP...this will increase the prices of the factors of production...thus creating unemployment....thus increasing the price level creating inflation and lowering the GDP 8O

Lets hope George can cut some kind of deal

Suhit Gupta
02-12-2004, 03:45 AM
I am sorry but what does have to do with DMT? I realize this is in the off-topic area, but dude, this is way out of left field... ;-)

Suhit

Gary Sheynkman
02-12-2004, 03:48 AM
A forum for stuff not related to digital media. Keep it clean!

Thats the subscript for the Offtopic forum

:wink:

Jason Dunn
02-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Yeah, but...but...OPEC? 8O

Hopefully when we launch you'll have more to do Gary. :wink: :lol:

Gary Sheynkman
02-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Yeah, but...but...OPEC? 8O

Hopefully when we launch you'll have more to do Gary. :wink: :lol:

oh i will :wink:

im writing a 10+ essay on social and economic impacts of polution for econ class....muahhaha dont get me started

sundown
03-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Well this may be way out in left oil field but it does directly impact how much disposable income I have for digital toys, dang it. $.10 a gallon is no big deal but an increase $.40 a gallon is. And I don't want to hear about how Europe pays $10 a gallon (exageration mine) and we should be happy. Europe is smaller than Texas so ya'll have less distance to drive. Come on alt-fuels!

Gary Sheynkman
03-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Well this may be way out in left oil field but it does directly impact how much disposable income I have for digital toys, dang it. $.10 a gallon is no big deal but an increase $.40 a gallon is. And I don't want to hear about how Europe pays $10 a gallon (exageration mine) and we should be happy. Europe is smaller than Texas so ya'll have less distance to drive. Come on alt-fuels!

in europe its about $5 bucks a gallon, but unlike out own backward US, they realized that passenger cars can be run on diesel with more power and efficiency! Amazing...wonder what Darth Bush thinks about that (why am I saying this??? im PRO bush lol)