View Full Version : Canon CP100 - anyone used one?

sub_tex
02-05-2004, 04:18 PM
I have a Canon Powershot s110 and was thinking of picking up the CP100 portable printer for printing on the go. Has anyone used one of these? The review on Steve's Digicam was favorable (http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/cp100.html), but I'd like to hear some other feedback.

Anyone?

Jason Dunn
02-05-2004, 06:00 PM
I haven't used one myself, but in looking at the specs, it seems as though it's a similar print engine to what the i950 has, which is a very good one indeed, if that helps. ;-)

Godsongz
02-05-2004, 06:07 PM
I've never been able to justify it. Why does one need "printing on the go"? I'm sure there are numerous applications I haven't thought of.

Jason Dunn
02-05-2004, 06:10 PM
I've never been able to justify it. Why does one need "printing on the go"? I'm sure there are numerous applications I haven't thought of.

I haven't come across a scenario like this myself yet, but imagine being at a special event (company party, family reunion, etc.) and wanting to give people the photos right then and there, before they leave. Imagine how cool that would be! :rock on dude!: Immediacy is a nice thing in some scenarios...

Russell
02-05-2004, 06:14 PM

People trying to make an extra buck in hi-traffic tourist areas use them. For instance...when you go to Times Square, there are people standing on the sidewalk with a camera and a portable printer like this. You pay them $10; they take your picture with the sights and lights in the background; you get a print only minutes later, and you are on your way. They probably pay for the thing in a night or two.

Gary Sheynkman
02-06-2004, 04:09 AM
they are very convinient. The fact that they have toners (not inkjets) for exaclty 25 or 40 or whatever pages takes the guesswork out of printing.

it runs at about $.50 a photo though