View Full Version : PVPs..are they the next generation?

Gary Sheynkman
02-03-2004, 04:53 AM
It is very hard to say. The Archos is great but is heavy. The lyra is light but you cant record live TV onto it.

MSFT will lead this pack with the Media2Go devices from multiple companies, but whether or not they will lift off or not depends on the freedom that they give to the consumer.

The rumors of the video iPod are tempting, but I doubt the goody two shoes Apple will have a video in port for recording live tv. It will instead have itunes for movies (this is just guessing....but i can see Steve Jobs hopping around on stage yelling "iVidz, the next generation of video")

what say you?

ruffas
02-10-2004, 04:30 PM
... when are you going to use one?

I drive to work and walk around when I am not driving...
I see two options

1. crash the car
2. walk infront of a car (perhaps the driver is watching his PVP)

Ruffas

Lee Yuan Sheng
02-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Where's the option that says "NO to watching movies on silly little screens?" :lol:

Gary Sheynkman
02-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Where's the option that says "NO to watching movies on silly little screens?" :lol:

go to www.pocketpcthoughts.com and tell THEM that! :wink: :lol:

ruffas
02-12-2004, 05:36 PM
:grab:

I am waiting for the ZVUE from HHeld. I hav eheard it will support DIVx files. Is there a thread going on DivX? I want to know more.

Ruffas

backpackerx
02-28-2004, 08:59 PM
What specifically do you want to know about Divx? Have you used Divx video on any portable devices like a Pocket PC or anything? I've done *some* tinkering with it and really like the format.

Suhit Gupta
02-29-2004, 01:45 AM
What specifically do you want to know about Divx? Have you used Divx video on any portable devices like a Pocket PC or anything? I've done *some* tinkering with it and really like the format.
What software did you use to watch Divx on your PPC?

Suhit

backpackerx
02-29-2004, 06:15 AM
PocketMVP. Freeware and also the best Divx player.
Pocket MVP (http://home.adelphia.net/~mdukette/downloads.html)