View Full Version : Coffee Table Books

Godsongz
02-02-2004, 09:13 PM
MyPublisher.com (http://www.mypublisher.com) has an interesting niche market; they take your digital photos and make them into printed hardcover coffee table style books. Something like this might be very cool for documenting a family vacation or a church event or anything out-of-the-ordinary when you want just a little something extra for a finished product. Has anyone ever purchased or seen one of these? How good are they?

Suhit Gupta
02-02-2004, 10:14 PM
My only experience with coffee table books was when I watched that Seinfeld episode where Kramer puts forth his idea a coffee table book about coffee table (one that turns into a coffee table too) :lol:. Oh, gotta love Seinfeld!

But mypublisher.com does seem to have a cool idea, and very reasonable prices too.

Suhit

Gary Sheynkman
02-03-2004, 02:51 AM
My only experience with coffee table books was when I watched that Seinfeld episode where Kramer puts forth his idea a coffee table book about coffee table (one that turns into a coffee table too) :lol:. Oh, gotta love Seinfeld!

But mypublisher.com does seem to have a cool idea, and very reasonable prices too.

Suhit

Whasnt that an HP commerciala couple years back

with the guy taking his coffee table places and taking pics of it?

Seinfeld rulez all 8)

bdegroodt
02-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Apple does this, as well. They are pretty nice looking and far more engaging than the usual shoebox presentation.

Lotto
02-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Hmmm... wonder if this would be a good idea for wedding pictures. I will have to check this out for my daughter.

Cool things on this site already!

Jason Dunn
02-04-2004, 06:10 AM
Hmmm... wonder if this would be a good idea for wedding pictures. I will have to check this out for my daughter.

www.shutterfly.com makes a gorgeous product called a "Snapbook" - it's a spiral bound book with photos and you can add text if you want. I created one for my wife of our wedding, and it happened to arrive on Valentine's day...which made it a day neither of us will ever forget. :-)

Lotto
02-04-2004, 02:28 PM
I will definitely keep both of these in mind. Might make good gifts for parents instead of costly photographer's albums. Thanks, I'd not heard of these before. :D

Jason Dunn
02-04-2004, 05:11 PM
I will definitely keep both of these in mind. Might make good gifts for parents instead of costly photographer's albums. Thanks, I'd not heard of these before. :D

Without soundlike like I'm bragging, it was honestly a "home run" - I gave a copy of the book to my wife, my mother, and my mother-in-law, and they all loved it. It was a fantastic way to may something memorable. In my case, I scoured the Web looking for quotes about marriage, love, friendship, etc. There was nary a dry eye in the house when it was first read. ;-)

Lotto
02-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Very cool Jason. Will definitely remember this. I have about 2 years to plan (hopefully) so will be exploring many money saving ideas. :) Thanks!

Gary Sheynkman
02-05-2004, 05:51 AM

Without soundlike like I'm bragging, it was honestly a "home run" - I gave a copy of the book to my wife, my mother, and my mother-in-law, and they all loved it. It was a fantastic way to may something memorable. In my case, I scoured the Web looking for quotes about marriage, love, friendship, etc. There was nary a dry eye in the house when it was first read. ;-)

Jason's new site: RomanceThoughts

sbrown23
03-03-2004, 11:25 PM

www.shutterfly.com makes a gorgeous product called a "Snapbook" - it's a spiral bound book with photos and you can add text if you want. I created one for my wife of our wedding, and it happened to arrive on Valentine's day...which made it a day neither of us will ever forget. :-)

Snapbooks from shutterfly rock. Wife and I made one of our daughter for ourselves and got copies for the grandparents. I love this digital media age. The number of choices for things is just incredible.