View Full Version : pro hardware

Gary Sheynkman
02-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Yet another first forum post.

I was lucky enough to take a marketing class last year and visit the Craft Marketing headquarters. Their photo studio is AMAZING. They all ride on maxed out Macs with giant displays (often 2-3 to a computer (one for pic...other for photoshop tools)) Their printers cost around 20 grand and can simulate any surface (newspaper..magazine...billboard) so they can tell how good their reds or greens will look. Another thing...they twist EACH macaroni for the mac and cheese photos 8O

Anyway cool stuff. I think they had 13mp cameras out when we were there. Cool stuff.

Any other cool pro gear anyone has witnessed?

Lee Yuan Sheng
02-02-2004, 07:16 AM
As an old saying goes, pro equipment is equipment used by the pros, be it an old workhorse like a FM2 to a high tech EOS 1D, or an old style Durst enlarger to a ultra modern (and very spiffy) Durst Lambda.

Suhit Gupta
02-02-2004, 05:40 PM
In case any of you missed this last week, Canon's French website accidentally posted (and then removed) some details about the company's new digital SLR, the EOS 1D II. Someone must have lost their head for this ;-). Anyways, this gorgeous camera is expected to have an 8.2 megapixel sensor and slots for both CompactFlash and SD memory cards. Yummy!

There was a fair bit of discussion here (http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1032&message=7418724).

Suhit

aroma
02-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Ah yes, the 1D Mark II. What I really like on it is 8.5 fps with a 40 image burst. Mmmmm..... :rock on dude!:

- Aaron

Gary Sheynkman
02-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Ah yes, the 1D Mark II. What I really like on it is 8.5 fps with a 40 image burst. Mmmmm..... :rock on dude!:

- Aaron

holly jebus!!!

wonder how much that beast will cost....

im a couple of years we will have credit car 10mp cameras for $.99 at gas stations.... :roll:

mrwickham
02-08-2004, 06:29 PM
$4500 for that baby.

Suhit Gupta
02-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Wow, that is cheaper than I expected. I figured it would be pegged at more like $8K, i.e. something more like the EOS 1Ds. Still doesn't mean that I can afford it though :lol:

Suhit